Firstly, you teach yourself the basic knowledge of bee biology. How much room do you need? When are the local nectar production times?
Secondly, you find out what resources you need. They are the basics. Of course, bees and bees. Some simple tools for keeping bee colonies. And honey extractors and other products.
Another important step? Contact the beekeeping community for questions. Some beekeepers have initial data that they share with newcomers.
Why You Should Start a Beekeeping Business
Beekeeping is a business that sounds like fun. But there is a big bonus in all of that.
Bees are important all over the world. According to the data, they are responsible for pollinating about 30 percent of the plants that humans need to eat, as well as 90 percent of the plants that bloom.
You do not need a lot of space, and resources are basic. You can make money. If you need another good reason, here is: Beekeeping is a well-shared family education project.
How Beneficial Are Beekeeping?
Basic start-up costs – bees, hives, tools, smoker, protective equipment and honey extractor – cost less than $ 1,000. That is just the first basic kit, and experienced beekeepers advise getting rid of those two hives.
Also, one hive consists of 8 to 10 removable frames, where bees store honey. You can get from 30 to 40 pounds [30 to 40 kg] of honey per nest. Beekeeping varies from country to country. Bees thrive in warmer climates.
One pound of honey can sell for about $ 10, according to current estimates. Honey prices have doubled since 2016.
Additional ways to make money with bees include:
- Beekeeping “Beekeeping” – Beekeeping and start-up resources for beginner beekeepers.
- Pollen transport services – Move your nests to an orchard, kindergarten or other agricultural business to help with crop rotation.
- Honey pollen – Dried and sold, contains protein and amino acids. It is easily collected outside the nest door using special pollen traps.
- Propolis – A substance that sticks to bees that make close the cracks inside the hive.
- Beeswax – is highly sought after, but wax is not produced in large quantities. Beeswax is sold mainly for large jobs. Wax is used for lubricants and soaps.
- Bee venom – This is still in its infancy, but is considered to treat arthritis, as well as Lymes. And if a bee stings, it dies.
- Starting a Bee Farm
- Honey bees have been cared for by beekeepers for centuries. There are Stone Age paintings depicting a beekeeper and hives.
That Stone Age beekeeper did not have the advantages of books and online research, and that is where a beginner should start. Learn about bees. There are aspects of their amazing life cycle.
You need a basic understanding of the bee life cycle before you start. So, that knowledge will help you make the right decisions as you fill up your order truck with beekeeping equipment.
Find the Requirements for Beekeeping
- Live – There are two types, Langstroth and Top-Bar. Langstroth is very common. So, There are standing boxes packed, each containing frames. Top-Bar is a horizontal set, which uses straight bars. Bees make combs and honey on the walls, which are released from the top.
- Hive Tool – Like a crowbar, it is used to separate Langstroth hive boxes. Boxes can stick together from honey drips.
- Uncapping Comb – Uncapping Combs The bees put honey in the cakes and close each cake. This tool removes peaks without damaging the camps.
- Smokers – Used to absorb smoke, to silence bees when a beekeeper needs to enter the hive.
- Protective clothing – Bee suit, veil and gloves.
- Honeycomb machines – Can be made by hand or transported by car. They come in a variety of sizes, depending on the size of the frame.
- If you are looking for eco-friendly beekeeping tools and high technology as well as educational materials and programs; Crown Bees provides everything you need to keep going.